Thursday, October 6, 2011

L&R Bistro For Two

Another table makeover! This one comes with a set of chairs. (I promise, I will eventually makeover more than just tables)

I love free stuff. For this makeover I shopped my parents backyard furniture that they were replacing. They had this little iron bistro set (that used to be my grandpa's) that no longer fit on their deck/with their decor. But it would fit perfectly on our front porch. The only problem was the black paint was chipped and peeling off. And our porch needs a little color (black not being the optimal one).


So I started by scraping off all the chipped paint with a wire brush. The chairs were in much better shape than the table. I then sanded everything down to get the glossy surface off (so the new paint would stick and not peel off like the current black).


Then came the painting! A couple thin coats of Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch in aubergine (from Home Depot). It took two full cans to cover the table and chairs completely (for anyone who might be thinking of trying this on their own set).



And voila! A new table! Perfect for our front porch with some flower pots to bring in even more color.

No comments:

Post a Comment